We are the 30,000-strong, volunteer civilian component of the Coast Guard. We come from all walks of life. Auxiliarists are trained to assist the Coast Guard in the performance of its duties except military and law-enforcement actions.
As members of a Flotilla we form the basic organizational unit of the Auxiliary, established by an act of Congress in 1939. Our Flotilla, 5-4, serves Division 5 of the Eighth Eastern Region of the U.S.C.G. Auxiliary.
Flotilla 5-4 members come from Hamilton, Fairfield, Glendale, Milford, Loveland, Montgomery and other Greater Cincinnati areas.